Dynaglass VAPOLOC™ Internal Floating Roof
STOP EMISSION LOSSES with “Grid-type” Modular Prefabricated Full Contact Internal Floating Roof System (IFR), the Dynaglass VAPOLOC™ Internal Floating Roof.
Traditionally, Internal Floating Roofs are made from carbon steel, aluminum and stainless steel. In 2003, Dynaglass Reinforced Plastic Pte Ltd first introduced its patent protected prefabricated IFR made of glass reinforced epoxy (GRE). All prefabricated materials and components are designed, made in factory and assembled at site to meet reputed standards; API 650-H, ASME RTP-1,
BS 4994-1987 and ASTM E-84.
• Manufactured from GRE Advanced Composite Material
• Prefabricated Sandwich Construction
• Quick-to-install, Strong and Unsinkable Deck
• Zero Maintenance – No Rust
• Up to 98% Vapor Retention
Glass Reinforced Epoxy(GRE) Internal Floating Roofs(IFR) have been introduced as a better alternative to the steel & aluminium types which is commonly used in the tank storage industry.
Main advantage of GRE-IFR is that it is lighter than steel and stronger than aluminum.
GRE material is preferred in situations where steel or aluminium are not compatible with the stored products or when mechanical mixers are installed and aluminium IFR not sufficiently robust to withstand the mechanical forces of the high-speed mixers.
Full contact GRE-IFR once installed can be considered to be free from any maintenance and will perform well for the service life of the tank.
At present there are two types of GRE full contact honeycomb sandwich IFR available in the market.
- The field installed conventional system and
- The prefabricated system.
The installation of the conventional system is done entirely on site. As the quantity of resin matrix needed to fabricate the IFR can be rather large; for example a 36 meter diameter the liquid resin for the IFR is about 10 tons. There are concerns that tank owners need to be aware of:
- The environmental condition in the tank during fabrication needs to be controlled by very large blowers with high volume of air flow to meet the emissions levels allowed. 20ppm as specified by OSHA(Occupational Health and Safety) Standards
- In order to produce a void-free laminate, an evenly lit and glare free condition is mandatory. Without the proper lighting, air bubbles or voids of air pockets, foreign matter, etc., can become encapsulated in the laminate and the product quality cannot meet specified and accepted standards
- Room temperature cured epoxies are used in both cases. In order to achieve proper curing, the ambient temperature in the tank, has to be controlled. This is especially important for the large diameter tanks. Controlling the temperature is challenge since the weather and environment can be different according to the location of the tank
The difference with Dynaglass VAPOLOCTM and the conventional GRE-IFR is that 90% of the fabrication is done in the factory’s controlled environment and goes through stringent quality tests before shipment.
- Considering all these factors our engineers at Dynaglass developed the prefabricated Dynaglass VAPOLOCTM (Patent protected). The system mandates that all components to be manufactured at the plant in under controlled environmental conditions to overcome all the above challenges. This ensures that the product is delivered with consistent quality
SHIPPED BY CONTAINER
- The panels are designed to fit perfectly in shipping containers
ADDED STIFFNESS CONTRIBUTED BY GRID STRUCTURE
- Like a jigsaw, the joints are laid in a grid pattern and then laminated by our patent protected system which increases the global stiffness of the IFR structure
INSTALLATION & LEAK TEST
- Installing the Dynaglass VAPOLOCTM is systematic and quick
- The prefabricated parts accounts for about 90% of the IFR while connecting them in the tank only makes up for 10%
- All pre-fabricated parts are lowered into the tank and are located according to the positions indicated in the engineering drawings of the individual tank
- Next the various parts are connected together by our patent protected lamination process
- Finally all connections are leak tested by air pressure and soapy water to ensure that all joints are leak proof
- For good composite practice according to British Standard(BS.4994), it is recommended that all large structures should be prefabricate to transportable sub–assemblies and shipped to site to be assembled at final destination. The prefabricated assemblies are integrated inside the tank. This is to ensure the portion of the site work is minimal
- The reduced scope of the work within the tank will ensure better control of the resin matrix and proper curing of the composite is ensured under all weather conditions
- Contamination from falling foreign matter on the project during fabrication can be easily prevented, as parts are prefabricated. The entrapment of foreign matter like rust scales, loose paint falling from steel roof structures, sand and dirt particles from workers’ footwear etc. is controlled. This is to ensure consistent quality at all times
- An independent test on one Dynaglass VAPOLOCTM installation has shown that the actual emission-Bio levels recorded are much lower than those required by OSHA
- With the reduced quantities of resin matrix required at site, other benefits such as fewer workers are needed and higher safety standards for workers is easily achieved
- A shorter installation time and fast handing over of projects equates to a shorter down time of your tank, guaranteed!